Enhance Diagram and DBML Interaction with Table Highlight and Search Functionality

Hi Team,

I would like to suggest 2 feature enhancements that I believe will greatly improve the usability of dbdiagram.io:

1. Click-to-Highlight Table from DBML Code
Currently, when clicking on a table name in the diagram, the corresponding DBML code is auto-navigated and highlighted, which is very convenient. However, the reverse functionality (clicking on a table in the DBML code to highlight its representation in the diagram) is not yet supported.

It would be extremely helpful if clicking on a table in the DBML code could automatically highlight the corresponding table in the diagram. This would make navigating large diagrams much more efficient and intuitive.

2. Search Tables by Name or Field in the Diagram Interface
At the moment, dbdiagram.io does not support searching for tables or fields directly in the diagram interface. Adding a search functionality that allows users to search by table name or field would improve the user experience significantly, especially when working with complex diagrams with numerous tables.

I believe these features would enhance the overall experience and productivity for users working on larger database diagrams.

Please take your time and I hope these feature can be implemented soon.

Thanks.

Hi @mymeimy99,

Thank you for your suggestion.

You can Cmd/Ctrl + Click on the table’s DBML code to focus that table in the diagram view.

I use this feature a lot but I find the target table is zoomed in too much, every time I jump to a table I have to zoom out.

Would it be possible to make the zoom level a setting we can change?

Hi @anthony ,

Would it be possible to make the zoom level a setting we can change?

Currently the answer is not, but we can consider this functionality in the future. I will add this to our backlog for further improvement.

1 Like