Import / Export from MS SQL Server support?

It would be awesome have support to import and export schema from MS SQL Server, it is a well known and higly used database. It would increase the users of db diagram a lot!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. This is something we’re already working on at the moment :slight_smile: Will keep you updated.

Hi @Vinicius_Botelho_Biz,

Excited to tell you that Export to SQL Server is now supported by dbdiagram.io. Import is coming soon !

More info here: Support Export Database to SQL Server | dbdiagram Docs

Wonderful news! Thank you guys for the improvement, im starting to use right now.

Any updates about this issue? In ouw company, we discovered this tool a few days ago and we are exiced to get this functionality

Hi @Soulaimane_Ouali_El,

Yes, we do support exporting schema to SQL Server (more info here: Support Export Database to SQL Server | dbdiagram Docs)

Importing from SQL Server is coming soon !

1 Like

Hi,

First : very good job for your online tool… !!

So have you got news about "Importing from SQL Server " functionallities ?

Thanks

Hi - sorry if this is a redundant reply (just made one on other thread I think). I am really seeking a way to make ERDs for a very large MSSQL DB. Any news on when Import MSSQL will be possible? Or is it somewhere already and I have just not found it? Thx

Hi - checking again for any news on MSSQL Importing capability.

Any news on MSSQL Importing Capability?

The thread has some fairly old inquiries and hopeful replies but nothing lately, and no implementation that I can find.

We really need it…

Thanks

Ok - as this was on the other channel, and I was asked to repost here (note the already-there-post-about-same-topic…), here goes! And if I am the only one asking about Importing MS SQL Databases for the purpose of generating dbml, or more importantly for my case, ERD creation, please let me know because I am really curious about that!

–
From other channel:

Hi - The short question: how can I use dbdiagram to make MSSQL ERDs? I am seeking information about SQL Server support for Import - specifically I need to make a set of ERDs for a large project that is MSSQL - I have used SSMS a lot but, Visio a little, and am just now trying Redgate. Coworkers have said they were able to use dbdocs to generate DBML and I have “requested early access” but not gotten a reply. Please advise.

Will not be able to use until you support import or give us a work around to import ms sql.

Hi there
It would be really really handy and faster for MS Sql developers to be able to import MS Sql server into this tool. Please is there any way we can get this feature?
Thanks

Just noticed the support for MS SQL. It’s great. Really this make this tool really great!
I’m wondering how the SQL was generated in the example. Because if i generate a database schema from SSMS and import it in dbdiagram.io it lacks the references.

From the example gif i noticed a slightly different SQL statement for the foreign keys:
SSMS:

ALTER TABLE [TableA]  WITH CHECK ADD  CONSTRAINT [FK_TableA_TableB] FOREIGN KEY([TableAId])
REFERENCES [TableB] ([Id])
GO

vs the example:

ALTER TABLE [TableA]  ADD FOREIGN KEY([TableAId]) REFERENCES [TableB] ([Id])
GO

Hi there,
I’m Minh from dbdiagram team,

Thank for notifying us,
If you remove With Check from your statement then it will import properly, our MSSQL, currently, understand only a limited amount of syntax as stated in this blog post. Sorry for the inconvenience!