Offline version

Hi there. Is there by any chance an offline version of this amazing tool?

3 Likes

Hi Daniel, we don’t have an offline version ready yet. Just curious what do you need an offline version for?

It is not always that I’ve an internet connection and this tool really helps “us” me as a student. For an example we can’t access the internet during the examination.

I know that there is different tools out there like dbeaver which can make ER diagrams too, however they don’t draw the ER diagram in the same simple good loking way like dbdiagram.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing Daniel. Unfortunately supporting an offline version is not in our immediate roadmap at the moment.

Though I suspect that since our webapp doesn’t need to send data to server side, you can try keeping the browser window open and goes offline to see if it will still work?

@huy think an offline version is much easier to implement than you’d think.

Using Electron you can create an app similar to Slack or Postman for desktop.

It’s basically the same as the online, just you don’t need to have internet access, and when you do have internet access it will sync with your account.

I think that following the Postman model with workspaces would be really useful for collaboration and designing multiple databases.

This is a feature which I’m sure many users would be willing to pay for.

2 Likes

If available would a locally-hosted or offline version ALL THE TIME.

Hi @huy!

Your answer was written 4 years ago; so, do you think the same after 4 years?

Your tool would be superb in offline mode!

Best regards,

Abelardo.

Thanks for checking in again Julian. We haven’t been looking into this, as we’re focusing on other priorities. Although I just tested and the web app works fine even without internet.

To help push this feature’s priority higher, could you share what you’re looking for in such a thing? Is it because of offline (no internet) access, or because you prefer using a dedicated app (instead of browser)?

as a computer science student who is just learning about ERD’s this would be great to use offline.

Im used to work with it, but in my new job the company dont allow BBDD stays on the web. I think im not the only one in this situation.