Feature Release: Table Header Color and Table Group

We heard you! Table Header Color and Table Group are now available in dbdocs! These two are well-loved features in dbdiagram, and are most requested by our dbdocs community.

With this, you can add a custom color to your table headers and group tables together to better organize your data models.

Table Header Color

Choose a custom header color for each of your tables! This allows you to differentiate between tables and create more visually appealing documentation.

To set the header color for a table, use the following syntax:

Table ecomm_core.products [headercolor: #087f23] {
}

Table Group

Group tables together into categories! Keep your data models organized and maintain clean, clear documentation.

To group tables, use the following syntax:

TableGroup product_group {
  ecomm_core.products
  ecomm_core.product_tags
}

dbdocs-table-group

These features are immediately available for everyone. However, similar to dbdiagram, they might be moved to a paid offering when we introduce paid plans in dbdocs in the next couple of months.

Give them a try and let us know what you think!

1 Like

Would it be possible to change the colour of a table group, in the same way the table header is defined?

So you would have

TableGroup my_group [color: #8F8DD8] {
   table_1
   table_2
}
1 Like

Hi Anthony,

Currently, the coloring of table groups is not supported yet. We’ll consider implementing it in the future and will let you know when it’s ready.

Thanks.

1 Like

Phuc, Table Groups really need a note feature as well.

It makes sense that you can describe what a table group is all about within a project.
(much like project notes, table notes or column notes)

It looks odd on DBDocs that a description cant be added below them

1 Like

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for your suggestions.
It would be useful to have the capability for adding notes to table groups. We took note of it and will consider it in the future.

In the meanwhile, you can use our sticky notes function as a workaround: https://dbml.dbdiagram.io/docs/#sticky-notes

Best Regards,
Huy Phung

Hi @anthony and @Tommy, I have good news.

Update September 2024: These features have been developed and released. Please see below for the official announcement.

I hope you guys like this feature.

2 Likes